-
The overall confirmed cases on the Chinese mainland had reached 80,151 by the end of March 2. A total of 2,943 people have died of COVID-19, and altogether 47,204 people have been discharged from hospital after recovery.
-
“In the last 24 hours, there were almost nine times more cases reported outside China than inside China,” said World Health Organization Director-General at the media briefing on COVID-19 on Monday.
-
As of the end of Monday, Chongqing had reported a total of 576 confirmed cases, combined by 101 currently hospitalized (seven severe cases and two critical cases), six deaths, and 469 discharged patients. Monday had no newly confirmed case in Chongqing for the seventh consecutive day, and 19 more patients recovered and discharged from the hospital.
-
Starting from March 3, five rail transit stations in Chongqing resume normal operations.
- As of 12:00 on March 2, WeChat and Alipay users had a total of 53.6 million visits for Yukangma, a health QR code system using big data to ensure citizens safe mobility and 2.74 million users received health codes.
Chongqing- As of 24:00 local time on March 2, Chongqing had reported 101 confirmed cases currently hospitalized (seven in severe condition and two in critical condition), six deaths, and 469 discharged patients after recovery, according to the Chongqing Municipal Health Commission Tuesday. All those cases had totaled 576 confirmed cases infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) as of the end of Monday in Chongqing.
Monday had no newly confirmed case in Chongqing for the seventh consecutive day, and 19 more patients recovered and discharged from the hospital. A total of 23,592 people who had close contacts with COVID-19 patients have been traced, 23,235 people have been released from medical observation, and 357 people are under medical observation.
Five rail transit stations resume normal operations
Starting from March 3, five rail transit stations-Guanyinqiao and Nanping of Line 3, Linjiangmen and Yangjiaping of Line 2, Shapingba of Line 1 and Loop Line, resume normal operations, according to the Chongqing City Transportation Development and Investment Group. The statistics showed an obvious increase in passenger flow, but the overall passenger flow accounted for 13.9% of daily public transport traffic in the same period of last year.
The transportation group has used big data analysis, remote monitoring, and on-site inspections to further strengthen passenger flow monitoring, analysis, and judgment. It adopted methods such as expanded transportation capacity, shortened departure intervals, adjusted traffic routes, to meet the needs as the resumption of production and work continue. During the epidemic prevention and control period, passengers are requested to wear masks throughout the rail transit and try to sit dispersedly as possible.
2.74 million users receive health codes
As of 12:00 on March 2, WeChat and Alipay users had a total of 53.6 million visits for Yukangma, a health QR code system using big data to ensure citizens safe mobility, and 2.74 million users received health codes, according to Monday’s press conference on COVID-19 in Chongqing.
Multi-channels are available to apply the health code online, and the consultation hotline is 114-7. Yukangma can be widely used in the workplace for returning workers, residential areas, and public places such as commercial shops, office buildings, airports, railway stations, ports, and medical institutions.
Individuals who have applied for Yukangma can also use it in other provinces or cities that mutually recognize the health code with Chongqing. At present, Chongqing has promoted cooperation and reached consensus with Guizhou and Sichuan provinces.
WHO: nine times more cases reported outside China than inside China
At the media briefing on COVID-19 on Monday, the World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said, “In the last 24 hours there were almost nine times more cases reported outside China than inside China. The epidemics in the Republic of Korea, Italy, Iran, and Japan are our greatest concern.” According to the WHO chief’s opening remarks, China reported 206 cases of COVID-19 to WHO Sunday and, a total of 8,739 cases infected with COVID-19 have been reported outside China.
Xinhua reported that a WHO expert said at the media briefing, “Experience that China has with COVID-19, the work that they are doing in taking in an evidence-based approach to this response, is something that the world needs to learn from.”
The overall confirmed cases on the Chinese mainland had reached 80,151 by the end of Monday, and 2,943 people had died of the disease, according to the National Health Commission (NHC) Tuesday. A total of 47,204 people had been discharged from the hospital after recovery. By the end of Monday, 100 confirmed cases, including two deaths, had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), ten confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 41 in Taiwan, including one death. Thirty-six patients in Hong Kong, eight in Macao, and 12 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospital after recovery.