By Rui Hu, EDITOR
Among the “2+16” Series Cooperation Agreement signed by Sichuan and Chongqing, the priority is the Key Working Plan on Deepening the Sichuan-Chongqing Cooperation to Promote the Integrated Development of Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster (aka the Plan). According to the Plan, the two regions will focus on the 36 essential tasks in nine major areas to jointly promote the integrated development of the Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster.
These fundamental tasks cover a wide range of areas, including strategic coordination & planning convergence, joint prevention and control of ecological environment, infrastructure interconnection, construction of open channels and platforms, improvement of regional innovation capability, industrial cooperation and co-prosperity, integrated development of markets and public services as well as optimization and upgrading of cooperation platforms, making themselves the specific “Roadmap” for Sichuan and Chongqing to thoroughly implement the Guiding Opinions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council on Promoting the Formation of a New Pattern for the Western Development Strategy in the New Era, Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster Development Plan and Action Plan on Deepening the Sichuan-Chongqing Cooperation to Further Promote the Development of Yangtze River Economic Belt (2018-2022).
The Plan proposes to work together to accelerate the integrated development of Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster to be included in China’s national strategy, build the core engine for the opening up and development of western regions, play three roles, namely, the supporting role in advancing Western Development Strategy in the new era, the leading role in promoting the joint development of the “BRI”, and the demonstration role in boosting the green growth of the Yangtze River Economic Belt, striving to lead the all-around development and opening up in western China.
The Plan also specifies that the two sides will set up a joint office for cooperative alliance, with six special cooperation teams, including the strategic planning team, infrastructure team, industrial cooperation team, ecological environment team, open cooperation team and public service team, so as to plan and promote specific cooperation matters and projects by industry and by field.
36 Key Tasks for Promoting the Integrated Development of Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster in 9 Major Areas
(I) Promoting Strategic Coordination & Planning Convergence
1. Work together to implement the Central Government’s significant strategic deployment on promoting the formation of a new pattern for the Western Development Strategy in the modern era.
2. Work together to accelerate the integrated development of the Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster to be included in China’s national strategy.
3. Strengthen the planning convergence of the integrated development of the Chengdu-Chongqing City Cluster.
(II) Promoting the Joint Prevention and Control of Ecological Environment
4. Co-build a mechanism for the joint prevention and control of the ecological environment.
5. Strengthen the prevention and control of water pollution across provinces and cities.
6. Strengthen efforts to prevent and control air pollution.
7. Deepen cooperation on ecological construction.
8. Enhance the capacity for securing water resources.
(III) Promoting the Interconnectivity of Infrastructures
9. Construct an integrated transportation network system.
10. Build a high-speed information-sharing network.
11. Strengthen cooperation in the energy field.
(IV) Promoting the Establishment of Open Channels and Platforms
12. Build Sichuan-Chongqing open channels.
13. Optimize the open platforms.
14. Advance the opening-up and cooperation of ports.
(V) Promoting the Improvement of Regional Innovation Capabilities
15. Promote scientific research, production, and cooperation on civil-military integration.
16. Facilitate the transformation, docking, and collaboration of scientific and technological achievements.
17. Strengthen cooperation in agricultural science and technology.
18. Advance standardization and intellectual property reform and innovation.
19. Strengthen collaboration on the pilot reform of the land system.
(VI) Promoting Industrial Cooperation and Co-prosperity
20. Work together to build high-end equipment manufacturing clusters.
21. Work together to create intelligent manufacturing and electronic information industrial clusters.
22. Work together to build massive health industrial clusters.
23. Work together to develop international cultural tourism destinations.
24. Carry out cooperation demonstration on the agriculture industry.
25. Work together to build modern logistics industrial clusters.
26. Advance the cooperation and co-construction of industrial parks.
27. Strengthen cooperation in the building construction field.
(VII) Promoting the Integrated Development of Markets
28. Accelerate the integration of the financial market.
29. Accelerate the integration of the labor market.
30. Accelerate cooperation in the social credit system.
(VIII) Promoting the Integrated Development of Public Services
31. Promote the docking and sharing of public services.
32. Accelerate the integration of social security.
33. Accelerate the integration of food supervision.
34. Strengthen cooperation in emergency management.
(IX) Promoting the Optimization and Improvement of Cooperation Platforms
35. Promote the establishment of Sichuan-Chongqing Cooperation Demonstration Zone.
36. Promote the integrated development of adjacent areas.
Source: Chongqing Daily
For any inquiries, please email email@example.com