Chongqing—— The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) sent a reply letter to Chongqing municipal and Sichuan provincial development and reform commissions on approving the implementation Plan for the Reform of National Urban-rural Integration Pilot Zones on February 8th. In principle, it approved the plans for the western area of Sichuan Province's Chengdu the western area of Chongqing, and other nine pilot zones for national urban-rural integration.
Of them, the pilot zone of the western area of Chongqing includes Rongchang District, Tongnan District, Dazu District, Hechuan District, Tongliang District, Yongchuan District, Bishan District, Jiangjin District, and Banan District. The total area reaches about 15,323 square kilometers. This means Dazu District has become a "testing ground" for the national urban-rural integration.
Approved as a pilot zone for the national urban-rural integration, the western area of Chongqing includes nine districts. All of them are located in the main metropolitan area. They're also situated in the interior of the Chengdu-Chongqing economic circle and have advantages in geographical location, economic strength, and development foundation. So when it comes to urban-rural integration, they can play a leading and exploratory role, they can achieve more results through innovation. The leading and exploratory role should be given into full play with the overall landscape in mind. To establish these "testing grounds" in some places, China aims to explore urban-rural integration, encourage exploration and bold practice, accumulate more replicable and promotable experience and practice, and move forward with reform in broader areas.
Becoming a pilot zone for the national urban-rural integration means a lot for Dazu District. The following specific tasks need to be completed:
- Establish an orderly migration system for both urban and rural populations.
- Establish a system for voluntary paid transfer of and withdrawal from rural rights and interests of farmers who have registered permanent residence in cities according to law.
- Establish a system for rural collectively-owned commercial construction land to enter the market.
- Improve rural property mortgage and guarantee.
- Establish a mechanism for commercializing scientific and technological achievements in rural areas.
- Build a cooperation platform for urban village reconstruction
- Build a platform for the coordinated development of urban and rural industries.
- Establish a mechanism to realize the value of ecological products.
- Establish a system and mechanism for the integrated development of urban and rural infrastructure.
- Establish a system and mechanism for the equitable development of basic public services in urban and rural areas.
- Complete the system and mechanism for farmers to continuously increase income.
Let's expect more development of the Dazu District in 2021!